Installing an Evolution Dog Wash will have a very positive impact on your business, and it’s easy to do. These tips on preparing a space for your dog wash show you how to make the most of your investment.
How the Evolution Dog Wash Benefits Your Business
Are you looking for a new revenue stream for your business? Many car washes, pet stores and even veterinary clinics are finding a self-serve pet wash the perfect complement to their existing business. In addition, residential property managers are using a self-serve pet wash either as a source of revenue or as a way to secure their competitive advantage by providing an amenity for tenants who pay for keeping pets.
Making space for a dog wash in your business is beneficial for a variety of reasons:
- It grabs attention: The dog wash itself is visually appealing and can draw people into your location. People tend to want to take a closer look when the dog wash is installed within sight of the front door. Don’t hide the dog wash; let it be a way to draw in customers.
- It’s contagious: When others see someone giving their dog a bath, they’ll get a smile on their face. And, when they see how easy and fun it is, they’re likely to bring their own dog in for a good washing.
- It encourages additional purchases: It only takes 10-12 minutes to use the Evolution Dog Wash, so there’s a good rate of turnover, which brings more people into your location. Further, since the customers are already in your facility, they typically take time to browse through your store or check out other services you offer.
Space Considerations: Outfitting Your Space
The Evolution Dog Wash can be displayed in a number of ways. With its aircraft-grade stainless steel construction and whimsical graphics, it’s an attractive addition to your store layout.
The Dimensions: The dog wash is 81 inches long (wide), 72.8 inches high and 23.6 inches deep. At about 6 feet tall, it can be seen from a distance for the all-important sightline attraction.
Accessories: You’ll need to outfit your space with a couple of other things that are required to operate the dog wash.
- One-half inch incoming fresh water line for cold water, or cold and hot water
- Two-inch sewer waste line
- 110v 30-amp hard-wired circuit
- If the optional hot water heater is installed, a separate 110v 20-amp circuit
Suggested Dog Wash Area: We suggest that you enclose a 10-foot x 10-foot area with a waist-high perimeter fence to house the dog wash. Typically, a picket fence contains the pets without making them feel closed-in.
If more than one Evolution Dog Wash is in service, those units can easily be installed back-to-back with an enclosure around each one.
Other Considerations: Weight and water usage are other things you need to plan for.
- The dog wash weights approximately 750 pounds once out of the shipping crate.
- The unit uses approximately 2 gallons of water per minute.
- The operating cost is approximately $1 per wash. Using the recommended wash charge of $10 for a 10-minute wash, each wash produces roughly $9.00 in revenue.
- The dog wash is ADA-compliant.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
If you’re ready to increase your revenue with a fun and lucrative addition to your business, contact Gary to learn more about adding an Evolution Dog Wash to your business today.
- Posted by Evolution Dog Wash
- On March 6, 2018
- 0 Comments